Friday, August 26, 2011

August 25, 2011 - ME UB

Event training this weekend could be tough. Could be rain all this weekend and with the hurricane making land fall late Saturday, it could be impossible to travel anywhere, especially with Virginia in a state of emergency.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Barbell Strict Presses w/ Chains
No Chains
45x10
Add Chains (+50lbs)
45x5
Add Chains (+72lbs)
45x3
Add Chains (+94lbs)
45x3
Add Chains (+116lbs)
45x3
70x3
95x1
120x1
145x1
170x1
190x1 PR+5lbs
160x3 PR+5lbs


Close Grip Barbell Bench Presses
155x8
185x8
215x8
245x8
275x8 PR+3 reps

Bent Over Barbell Rows (straps)
195x12
225x12
255x12
285x12

41 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: This was to be an interesting workout. The most I had pressed during my injured downtime was just over 190lbs and that felt heavy as crap. Left shoulder was achy doing the warm-ups but I went forward as planned. I was aiming for just a small PRs on strict pressing with chains due to my down time and I got them both. The best news was not painful cramping in my abs or lower back so I'd say my oblique is probably fully healed or close to it. I used low numbers for benching for two reasons: 1) I felt like crap benching the last few weeks, light weights felt heavy in my hands and 2) I haven't done reps over 5 on bench since like high school when I was younger and dumber. Needless to say, I crushed the four planned sets easy. I was debating going for another set as I was the only person in the gym but then a friend arrived just in time to spot (just in case) so I did another set. Moved on to rows. My goal was to match an old PR when I was doing much higher reps on rows and also using a ton more body language. I knew that would be tough since I was used to lower reps and had just started back. It was tough but I did it. Obviously I had a ton of stretching to do after missing out on it last workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment