Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 15, 2011

This is going to be one of those entries where this section is super long and the comments are literally a word or two. I think my recovery is going well. I had my first post event training chiro session and there were a lot of "pops". Definitely adds credence to events being harder on the body than gym lifts. Still got to hold back on my training for another week. This week is 90% on assistance and 72% for main lifts. Weekend event training is going to be a bit harder to gauge. Getting used to the strawberry flavored weight gainer. Just feels like I'm drinking Starbursts now. Moving my training days around a little to prepare for my new night class schedule. I am making some changes to my upper body training. Benching exercises are going to be my secondary lifts with my max effort lifts being strict press, strict press with chains and push press. I'll be using a barbell, log and axle for my rotation. Benching assistance lifts will be slingshot bench, cg bench and swiss bar floor press. Replacing swiss bar z presses with swiss bar incline presses (see how long I tolerate incline haha). The biggest change is doing push pressing on my DE day instead of benching. I will clean the implements (using log and axle, like I'm using ssb and barbell for box squats). On the competition front, I am uncertain. I'm not aiming for the Las Vegas show now since the shield carry event is now a conan's wheel. Three bad events for me (with one that 9 times out of 10 makes me pass out), isn't worth it. So that leaves me with either doing a different contest with the hopes of qualifying for Nats or waiting until next year to compete. I don't want to get ahead of myself so I should just wait and see how my body takes these next few weeks. I have time to make a decision.

Walking - 31.5 minutes

Comments: Walking. My hips were tight before the chiro session and felt good after so I decided to walk. Might just do the high rep stuff once a week now because walking is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment