Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 02, 2011 - ME LB (WiaW)

You know, at this point, I would have thought that I'd be starting my prep for Nationals. It happens. I've made changes to my routine. I've dropped some lifts. No more good mornings or reverse hypers. I'm sticking to just log and axle for overhead lifting. I'm including sets of 8 and 10 for my supplementary exercises. Just three lifts a day instead of four. I've increased the volume of the third exercise to make up for it though. The plan is two weeks of baby weight then back to heavy stuff but that might be difficult as that week, Max Fitness would be closed so I might have to plan around that.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Deadlifts
135x5
185x5
225x5
281x5
338x5

Arched Back Sumo Stiff-legged Deadlifts
180x5
210x5
240x5
270x5

Glute Ham Raises
bwx12
bw+5x12
bw+10x12
bw+15x12

26 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: This actually felt better than the last time I started back at the weights. There were times that the weight for the deadlifts felt weightless. Hamstrings were tight but not as tight as last time when it came to sumo sldl. Ghr's were a higher intensity than the rest of the workout lifts as I was lazy. Actually matches my PR but I haven't done sets of 12 on them in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment