Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 01, 2011 - Rehab

After the last few days, I needed some good news. I've been extremely bored, practically refreshing forums and contest info sites every minute to keep my mind busy. Battle at the Barn was on Saturday, heartbreaking to see vids of it and my heart was racing watching. I'd been planning on that contest for months. Been missing event training as well. Hearing some of the numbers (and seeing some) from other peoples training is also driving me nuts.

Theraband Leg Curls
bandx20 (left leg)

Hip Abductions
70x30/30

Hip Extensions
70x30/30

Hip Flexions
70x30/30

Terminal Knee Extensions
???x30/30

Comments: Very through examination of my hamstrings, knees and hips. The bruise was gone. The PT was very surprised to see how well I was doing, especially since he was expecting much worse from a ruptured hamstring. I can pull with max force on my hamstrings but I've lost a bit of strength in the hips and hamstrings from resting. The PT said my hips and hamstrings were quite weak for someone my size. Going to focus getting hammies and hips strong. I got a list of exercises and to do every other day. I only went through one set of each as this was an introductory day. I'm going to be doing 3-5 sets of each on Thursday. Very happy with the news that I can do standing presses and that I can try squats and the like (only 20%) next week. Hips and hamstrings got a bit fatigued from this work. Definitely weak. I'm well enough that I don't have to go back until next week instead of Thursday and Saturday this week. So I'm in a good mood.

1 comment: