Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21, 2011 - Extra Workout

Kind of glad I had off work today since I was beat up from the day before. Incredibly bored, did the next three weeks worth of school work. This down time due to injury has let me see that a lot of things and I don't just mean in regards to training. Most of my social contacts are through strongman/gym interactions and on top of not really being able to talk frequently, this time of year is extremely busy for several friends with many getting ready for the Arnold (both amateur and pro) to new additions to their families, injury and returning to school. I guess the social component is something that most might overlook. Looking back, my training really started to skyrocket when I started training with others. And I miss that.

Band Press Downs
IW#1'sx100

Band Straight Arm Lat Pulls
IW#1'sx100

Ankle Weight Lying Leg Curls
4'sx250

Comments: First time doing all the reps on press downs with no rest. Might continue to stay here or up the band tension to IW#2's. Getting very close to doing the same with the lat pulls. Since I don't have chains at home and 2lbs is just way too light, I secured small dumbbells to my ankles with therabands to add to the ankle weights. Still quite easy but it's going to be after trying out 11lbs on Saturday. Tomorrow will be another testing day for my hamstring as I attempt 63% of my deadlift and 60% for my assistance lifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment