Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011 - Extra Workout

I wasn't very hungry yesterday and I tried to get more calories in by eating 1/2lbs of raw almonds and added that to 2lbs of plain yogurt. Bodyweight is almost down 10lbs from what I was before I got injured. I need to redouble my efforts and work on getting more calories in. Going to start adding milk to my shake before bed now. Perhaps that will help some.

Band Face Pulls
IW#1'sx100

Band Press Downs
IW#1'sx100

Band Straight Arm Lat Pulls
IW#1'sx100

Ankle Weight Lying Leg Curls
5'sx250

Comments: I had been debating over whether to do face pulls instead of lat pulls or to add face pulls as something to the gym based extra workouts or just do both. Went with that option. Had to take a few breaks for the face pulls but none for the other stuff. Right behind the knee on my right leg is a little tender. Probably from working hard with the added leg curl based exercises and volume. My Sling Shot for benching arrived today. Interesting, I'll need to do some testing with it.

I'm hearing talk of upcoming contests now and it has me excited. Granted there aren't any event details but at least I have dates now. May 28th will most likely be my first contest back, just waiting to see whether I'm aiming for the Kumite or Battle of the Bad Ass (they're both on the 28th, otherwise I'd be doing both). So three months out at this point and hopefully I'll have time to get in a eight week training in to prep. The other two at the moment are one at Brute Strength Gym on July 2nd and the Cardinal Classic in Michigan on July 23rd.

3 comments:

  1. Craig keep me posted on what comp. you're doing, I'm looking to do a few, would be good to see some familiar faces again. By the way, I know this is a loaded question for most strongmen but what does your diet look like? I'm huge into all that, was just curious what day to day it looks like and what you've done to gain weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets see, every morning I have pancakes/waffles made with oatmeal, cottage cheese, eggs and weight gainer with a cup of black coffee. Around 10:00 I have 2lbs of plain yogurt. Around 12:00 I have a weight gain shake (650 calories). I have another at around 3:00. I eat dinner after I workout and that varies. I have one more shake before bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds cool man. I've been posting my diet in my blog and trying to get my eating up without sacrificing my health. It sounds crazy but if I don't eat between 3-4k calories per day I tend to lose weight. Thats eating healthy foods though. I'm sure if I ate burgers, fries and sodas all day my weight would shoot up really quick. I'm doing 4-5k calories per day now and most calories come from fats. Feeling pretty good and the weight is coming on steady along with strength.

    ReplyDelete