Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 23, 2011 - ME UB

Dynamic Warm-ups

Barbell Strict Presses w/ Chains
No Chains
45x10
Add Chains (+72lbs)
45x5
70x3
95x3
120x3
140x1
160x1
180x1
195x1
210x0
170x5

Close Grip Barbell 5-Board Presses w/ IW#2's dbl (+170lbs)
135x3
165x3
195x3

Comments: Damn it all. Extremely frustrated but I'm trying to calm down and think things through rationally. My lower back was tight, almost feeling compressed. I tried out pressing with 72lbs of chain as opposed to 116lbs to get a different feel and hopefully bridge the gap between straight weight and chain presses. Would have liked to press more. I felt crappy and called the workout after three sets of 5-board (which were awful) as my back kept hurting. I tried to do some band traction type things to loosen it up to no avail. My hips were also bothering me off and on all day. I noticed that they would ache occassionaly the past few weeks. Same pain I felt on January 2nd when the I first noticed it doing hip thrusts. My hope is that my hamstrings are still weak and my lower back just did way more than it usually does or something. Took a long, hot shower to loosen it up as well as some hip mobility and a lower back and hip massage. Looks like I'm not ready. My little ego trip the day before was stupid and it shows. Going to have to dial it back quite a bit. I'm going to look back through my log to when I had this kind of lower back issue before (much worse then as I couldn't rest it doing manual labor jobs every day) and see how long it took to have it ease up. Balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment