Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 22, 2011 - ME LB

"Remember hamstring when I told you I'd take it easy?"
"That's right Craig, you did!"
"I lied."
"Ahhhhhh!"

Dynamic Warm-ups

Deadlifts w/ Light Bands Doubled
No Bands
135x5
185x5
225x3
Add Bands (+145lbs)
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x1
405x1
435x1
455x1
475x1
415x3

15" Front Squat Harness Box Squats w/ 5" of Foam
135x3
165x3
195x3
225x3
255x3

Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Kneeling Leg Curls
45x8/8
45x8/8
45x8/8
45x8/8

Strict Reverse Hyperextensions
180x12
180x12
180x12

45 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Things don't always go as planned. More often then not, they won't. I was going to take it light, go 63% and maybe 72% if I felt good today. Today was the first day since the injury that I walked from work to my car (roughly 1/2 mile) which is the most walking in one go I've done by far. Achy at times but felt good some times too. I went to Max Fitness and was messing around with band set ups for deadlifting once I got back to 100%. I brought my scale so I could get accurate readings. Light Bands stretched 6' and anchored by dumbbells gave me 150lbs but since my scale is an inch or so, I subtracted 5lbs to get 145lbs of band tension. I had my Average Bands too but the Light Bands provided just the right amount of tension. I was curious, so I tried a Louie Deadlift (sumo, arched back stiff leg style) with 135lbs and no issues. Went on to do my dynamic warm-ups and the only time my hamstring was noticeable was the leg swings which was always an issue. I kind of secretly told myself if 225lbs was easy and no twinges, I'd go at it today. Well, three sets later and no twinges, I switched over to the band setup and started working for a max. My hamstring did get sore but it wasn't like it was super tight or it was going to explode. Just sore and weak. Had to use a crappy belt since I didn't bring any of mine today. I expect to do a lot more once I'm 100% back. Good news is my grip was holding in like a champ despite the lay-off. Next I went on to a new exercise, front box squats to foam. Used a narrow stance and no belt since I want to work on my core strength. Very tough, going to have to take it slow on these. Also didn't want to chance it as I wasn't in the power rack for these since that was in use. Used a Hammer Strength machine for leg curls. I'll do these until the GHR arrives and also until I'm doing at least 75lbs for reps. Left leg was sore but the weight was manageable enough that I did all the sets with no rest. Reverse hypers went well. Apparently all the hip extensions I've been doing have great carry over haha. Finished up with a lot of stretching. Took antiinflammatories and iced my leg. Obviously I'm watching it to see if this was too much, too soon. I'll back off accordingly if I must. But it feels good to be lifting somewhat heavy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment