Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 02, 2011 - ME UB

Honestly, this week feels like it is taking forever. Been working on changes to exercises, especially for when I get back to doing lower body stuff like before. Finding exercises to hit the weak points (hamstrings, glutes and triceps). I plan on doing "extra workouts" to help with bringing up these weak points and to help with recovery. Still working on that as well. Also planning on getting a GHR but those are freaking expensive haha. I also just started taking a supplement called HMB. It should help with recovery and hypertrophy.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Swiss Bar Strict Presses w/ Chains
No Chains
45x10
Add Chains (+50lbs)
45x5
Add Chains (+72lbs)
45x3
Add Chains (+94lbs)
45x3
Add Chains (+116lbs)
45x3
70x3
90x1
110x1
130x1
150x1
165x1
175x1
145x4

Close Grip Barbell 4-Board Presses
215x3
245x3
275x3
305x3
335x3 PR+2lbs
365x2 PR+18lbs


Neutral Grip Pullups
bw+50x8 PR+5lbs
bw+50x8
bw+50x8
bw+50x8

Seated Rope Cable Face Pulls
150x12 PR+10lbs
150x10
150x10

38 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: My left leg was a little tender from the session yesterday. I did most of my dynamic warm-up routine (past workouts were just upper body stuff) but cut out wide stance squats and didn't raise my left leg nearly as high as the right for some of the exercises. Glad to be doing standing presses again. Never tried them with the Swiss bar. Felt good, realized I had forgotten my hard belt at home but it was too late to go home to get it so I trudge on. Because of this, I was a bit more cautious with my weight jumps which turned out to be stupid. My original plan was to go for 170lbs but went to only 165lbs. That was pretty easy so I went up to 175lbs. Went up easier than when I did the same weight on an axle a few months ago. Probably had more in me. Meant to do 146lbs but forgot to load the micro weights so the downset was 145lbs. First three reps were solid but the fourth rep was a struggle and became a lot like a standing incline press. Very satisfied with gutting that one out but it was rough. Took a while to set up for 4-board presses. Did things a little different and made smaller jumps in weight rather than the quarter, plate, quarter style I usually use. More reps at higher percents. Felt better this way. Made a smaller PR (which was the goal) and then went for a big one. Came up a little short and couldn't get a third rep with 365lbs but still good enough for a 18lbs PR. I'm terrible at reps with heavier weight on these. Moved on to pullups. I messed up in my log as I did four sets, not three of these. Small increase in weight and still very tough. In between sets, I messed around with the 4-way hip machine to get my settings right for when I do my rehab work. The machine is similar but a bit different from the one at the PT's place. It's great that the gym has one as it means I can do rehab on my own time. Finally back to doing face pulls. Ugh, these were extremely tough. Taking two weeks off and adding 10lbs didn't help and doing heavy pullups really sapped my back and arm muscles. Going to be at this weight awhile until I get used to doing them after heavy pullups and get back into a groove. Finished up with stretching which felt really good. Rehab stuff tomorrow. Joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment