Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October 25, 2011 – ME LB

I took off completely on Monday both to get my new training schedule solidified and to give my knee and neck another day to recover. I’d say I was successful at both as have my training ready and no issues with either pain. Could have just been one of those “wandering pains”. Now the new training schedule will be ME LB, ME UB, DE LB and Events. Four exercises per workout instead of three (events will be whatever). Only issue I can see starting this out this week is that I might not have a place to train events this weekend. Still early in the week so we will see.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Deadlifts w/ Chains
No Chains
135x5
185x5
Add Chains (+105lbs)
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x1
405x1
455x1
495x1
Add Straps
545x1 PR+30lbs
585x1 PR+70lbs
516x4 PR+53lbs


Louie Deadlifts
275x10
305x10
335x10
365x10 PR+2 reps
395x10 PR+5 reps


Modified Glute Ham Raises
bwx12
bw+20x12
bw+40x12
bw+60x10 PR+5lbs

Cable Rows (straps)
180x12
210x12
240x12
225x12
300x1
270x12

41 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Even though my hamstrings still felt sore, they felt springy so I was thinking it would be good day for lifting. I decided to go with chain pulls instead of band pulls. A few reasons for that: 1) I think the bands work better for my speed work (at least pulling against them that is) 2) easier to set up and strip down, which makes it so other members at the gym can work in on the same bar and 3) I saw a picture of Brian Shaw doing them and it was pretty bad ass (haha). The last time I did these, it was one of my first workouts where I was back to 100% after the hamstring tendon rupture. Boy did I crush those PR’s. Did 495lbs double overhand, hit a big 1rm PR and then did a little over my previous 1rm for four reps. Kind of fun using close to my 1rm from last year with accommodating resistance. After that moved on to sumo stiff-legged pulls. I started low as last time I did decent reps on these, I was quite fatigued. I guess I’m getting better as I crushed my planned three sets. I went for more and that felt easier than the previous set but I threw my head back so hard on the first rep that my neck cramped right at the base of my skull. I sat a bit figured, why not and went for even more weight. This was a tough set but nowhere near as tough as I was expecting it to be. Did have a slow lockout on the last two reps. By this point my hands were sore (I do these all double overhand) and my hammies were swelled to the point that I felt like I was sitting down while standing. My plan had been to bent over rows next but there was no way that was happening so I decided to move on to modified glute hams so see if that would be enough rest. After the ghrs, I knew I wouldn’t be up for bent over rows with my usual weight so I figured I’d do cable rows instead. Still be able to hit the back but not have to rely on my lower back and hams to stay contracted. I haven’t used the cable row at Max Fitness so I had to play with it. I picked a good starting weight of 4 plates (I did record this set but it only showed the stack and my hands). Things went well until I did what I had thought was 270lbs (6 plates). It felt really easy and found out after the set that it was 225lbs (5 plates). Pissed about that so I tried to overcompensate by going for 300lbs which wasn’t going to happen. I got the weight right for the last set and did 270lbs. Really good workout and I was beat. Did a lot of stretching when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment