Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 29, 2011 - ME UB

I noticed in the morning that the previous workout had done a number on my face. I had some burst capillaries around my eyes and some on my right eyebrow. It was probably the reverse band pulls. I won’t be doing event training this weekend since I’ll be visiting my younger sister at college Sunday (all day thing) and Saturday isn’t the best day as everyone else is either competing, out of the area or injured. Plus, I’d rather do the gym workout that day as it would be less stressful on my back.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Barbell Strict Presses w/ Chains
No Chains
45x10
Add Chains (+50lbs)
45x5
Add Chains (+72lbs)
50x3
75x3
100x3
125x1
145x1
165x1
185x1
205x1 PR+10lbs
220x1 PR+25lbs

191x3

Close Grip Barbell Bench Presses w/ Slingshot
285x5
315x5
345x5
375x5 PR+10lbs

Bent Over Barbell Rows (straps)
245x8
275x8
305x8
335x6

Rope Cable Face Pulls
100x12
135x12
170x12 PR+5lbs

37 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: I knew that I would hit a PR on the main lift today. The last time I did it I had set the baseline and I was having an off day. While the goals in mind were just a 5lbs increase, I knew my numbers for both log and axle were much higher, so I was aiming for that range as well. I’m working on pushing up the weight I can hit with just the rehband belt since I don’t use it for push pressing and contests. I put on the belt for the last single. I setup and missed it pretty bad, but calmed down, pushed my shoulders down and fired it up like a spring. On my down set, I hit the first two reps easy but misgrooved the third so that was a struggle. I’ve only done this setup once before with chains so I didn’t have a 3 rep max PR. Moved on to benching with the slingshot. I was a tad concerned with how these would go as the last two sessions (of top end benching) have been subpar I’d say. Perhaps it wasn’t the best thing to drop dips for triceps power (my shoulders do thank me though)? I however made a 10lbs PR so I’d say it was just me having crap form the other times (butt cramped the one time and my feet slid the other). I couldn’t increase the reps on rows. I knew this was going to be tough with all the rdls on top of the reverse band pulls the day before. My upper back was very sore this entire workout. That soreness might have hampered face pulls as well but I managed to eek out a PR. I do need to stick to this weight for at least another session though before increasing.


No comments:

Post a Comment