Friday, March 25, 2011

March 25, 2011 - Extra Workout

Had someone ask me about what the different competition levels meant (speaking of NAS in particular) and what "qualifying for Nats" meant and why NAS didn't feed directly into WSM. Kind of made me realize all the BS and politics there are and I felt silly explaining it. I truly do want this sport to succeed and that will come through unity. But that seems harder than it looks on paper with some people looking to regress it back from a sport seeking legitimacy to circus acts isolated to specific ethnic regions while others are looking to profit from it in the form of making it "Xtreme". Seems everyone has his or her own ideas about it. Anyway, on to the workout.

Double Band Leg Curls
IW#3's&IW#1'sx20
IW#3's&IW#1'sx20

Roman Chair Back Extensions
bw+10x25
bw+10x25

Rotary Hip Extensions
200x25/25
200x25/25

Machine Hip Abductions
160x25 PR+5lbs
160x25

Belt Squats
165x25 PR+5lbs
165x25

Ankle Chain Weight Lying Leg Curls
11'sx250

Band Face Pulls
IW#1'sx100

Band Press Downs
IW#1'sx100

Band Straight Arm Lat Pulls
IW#1'sx100

Comments: Not much happening this time. Got to do a little foam rolling before my workout but I need something "stiffer" for my weight I think. Did ease some tension in my back which was good. Only things of note were that the first set of hip abductions felt off and I thought perhaps I had added 20lbs from last time or something. Second set was much better. I may up the weight for my "ankle weights" soon but 22lbs might be a bit much at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment