Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January 31, 2012 – ME LB

I’ve done nothing since Friday. This class has way more work to do than any of the other’s I’ve had. No excuse though. Been talking with Jenkins about overhead training the past day or so. What he proposes would be some big changes to my routine. We’ll see. I need to get it all down and worked out first.

Dynamic Warm-ups

12” Block Pulls
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3
455x1
495x1
545x1
Added Straps
595x1
655x0
655x0

Wide Grip Romanian Deadlifts
345x12
375x12
Added Straps
405x12 PR+2 reps

Seated Cable Rows (straps)
235x12
265x12
295x12
325x8 PR+5lbs

33 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Ehh. I felt good at the start of this workout. Grip felt good as 545lbs was very easy to hold on to and I might have given 585lbs a ride. I felt good, and went for a big lift and missed it. Man does that suck. I was close too, which made it worse. I think that was visibly the most anger I’ve shown at missing a lift. I tried again but barely got off the blocks. I had to sit down and contemplate for a good while, mostly to convince myself it was “ok” and to continue the workout. I realize I made a gamble going for more weight and lost. The childish and impatient side of me wants to be stronger and stronger now! On the positive, this was very close and since my position at this pull height isn’t so good, my pull from the floor could be over 650lbs now. Just got to be smarter next time. I was eventually able to shake the funk off and continue the workout. I decided to not film it to ease my mind some more as I was feeling like crap. Wide grip rdls just killed me today. Hamstrings and glutes were toasted and I was out of breath. Not sure if it is because it has been a while since I did them last or if it is doing them for sets of 12. Every rep on the last set sucked, especially are the sixth rep. I felt like I was going to retch going into rows and my entire back was just cramping up along with my hamstrings. Took long rests between sets so I could calm down and make sure I didn’t throw up or anything. Considering how awful the first two sets were, these went quite well. Stretched and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment