Sunday, February 26, 2012

February 26, 2012 – Events

Dynamic Warm-ups

BiggDogg Strongg Husafell Stone Carries (turns at 50')
250x100'
365x86'
365x121'
365x150'
300x217'

Uphill Sled Drags
200x35' (downhill)
615x35'
200x35' (downhill)
475x35'

Comments: Today did not go as planned. Had short notice that event training was cancelled but luckily found a group that was training today. I couldn't do all the things that I had planned but I was able to get the main work in on the husafell carry. Never trained at Jerry and Kim's so it was new place for me. Supposedly the husafell I used today is the same type as the one at the contest but I'm not positive. Bought some latex gardening gloves to help with my grip. First run with the working weight sucked. Too many layers of clothes. I got better as I warmed up and removed layers. It was windy and cold out despite the sunshine. It felt easy to pick it up and light on my chest but still grip is an issue, especially since this one is slick. Took a big break to help the other guys with atlas stones before doing some sled dragging. Not really the best place to do them. Took the sled down empty and loaded it up at the bottom. Pick too much weight for the first run and perhaps not enough for the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment