Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 22, 2012 - Deadlift

Lower back on my left side was tender and sore. Need to keep an eye on that. Thumb is getting better, cuts almost healed and swelling is down. Weight is back down however, under 265lbs again.

Dynamic Warm-ups

18” Trap Bar Block Pulls (straps)
280x5
370x5
480x5
570x5
660x5
750x2

Cambered Squat Bar Goodmornings
240x3
290x3
330x8
350x8
370x8 PR+5lbs & 5 reps

Pull-ups
bwx12
bwx12
bwx12
bwx12

33 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Got to use my new trap bar today. Now that I think about it, I don’t believe I have ever used one before. I couldn’t grip with my right hand since my thumb was wrapped up and bandaged so I just used straps the whole time. Might do this even when my thumb is 100% to make the warm-ups closer to what my heavy sets will be setup wise. This was much tougher than I thought it would be. Granted I was going off of my farmer’s picks (this would be a 9lbs increase per hand from the previous session) I didn’t expect it to be so tough. Perhaps it’s balance or the width or I’m tired from this new split or a combination of factors. 660lbs was a bear to get five reps and my goal for the day was 750lbs for at least a triple. I actually altered my sets after how tough 570lbs felt. I did get 750lbs for a solid double but couldn’t get a third rep started. Warmed-up a bit differently on gm’s and it seemed to work like a charm and I hit three heavy sets. Pull-ups are getting better (though the last set was really tough). Stretched and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment