Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 12, 2012 – Events

So first week of the new training is done. Working with Mike to fine tune the pressing day for this coming week.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Play Stone Carries
313x30'
363xpick
413x100' PR+50lbs & 40' (turns at 50')
413x76' (turns at 50')
313x50'

Sled Drags
550x50'
600x50'
650x50'
700x50'

Comments: I was not looking forward to playing with the "play stone" today. Little over year ago was the last time I tried it out and was bleeding quite a bit from all the cuts on my leg and wrists. Took my scale out to weigh it. The low range I was guessing 275lbs and high range 300lbs. Turns out it was 313.6lbs. I wasn't sure if I could pick it with 413lbs because it is so awkward and the plates make it top heavy. Very pleased to get 100' with it. My top hand started to slip on that run. Pick really sapped my energy on both runs. Bottom hand gave out on me on the second run. Happened really sudden. Got make sure the damn thing falls away due to the jagged edges and the rebar "loading pins" on top. Still managed to tear my sweatpants. Good thing I had on layers or that would have been skin. Hands were bloody from nicks and scrapes so I taped them up for drags. 550lbs was supposed to be a light warm-up but it felt just awful so I had to change my plans. None of these drags were easy. I'd be blazing one moment and then lurching the next to keep the momentum. Got to hope this giant sled dragging is tougher than the chain (it has to be). Since I was the last one to leave, had mini workout putting everything away.

No comments:

Post a Comment