Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 15, 2012 - Deadlift

More talking about overhead training with Mike. Need to work on my form more as far as getting more hips into my log clean and getting my timing down better. Right now I’m pressing too soon and loosing valuable leg drive. Also need to get used to heavier weights on my chest. Just got to force the issue with my body on this. Also need to stop using the rebound from the previous rep for the next. Makes the pressing sloppy. I do see this training as helping. Body weight back up over 268lbs. So up 7lbs in two weeks.

Dynamic Warm-ups

17” Farmers Picks
145x5
185x5
235x5
275x5
Added Straps
315x5
366x3,2

Cambered Squat Bar Goodmornings
270x10
300x10
330x10

Pull-ups
bwx12
bwx12
bwx12
bwx12

27 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: With how my neck was feeling, wasn’t too thrilled going in to this workout. Luckily nothing I did bother it. Form felt good on farmer’s picks and 315lbs felt super easy. Biggest energy and time waster was finding plates that fit the thick end of the farmer’s handles. I was ready with 366lbs (had to use bolted collars as the one mini collar wasn’t staying tight) but my strap for my left hand kept slipping, so the weight in my left hand was two inches lower than my right hand. I tried to correct it but stopped after three reps. Really pissed off about this. Walked over to chalk up the straps and came back to hit two more reps. Should have been a set of five. Really the last straw (awkward setup, plates not fitting, lots of time, slick handles) so I bought a trap bar that can hold about 1130lbs. Hoping that arrives before next deadlift session but unlikely. Moved on to csb gms. Had another “grip” issue as my shirt was a bit slick. Almost lost the bar on the last rep with 300lbs as I was racking it. Chalked up the bar for the last set. Felt good, a bit rough starting at the weight I did since I was using 65lbs more than last week. Felt strong but definitely noticed fatigue in my hips on the last few reps. Didn’t have to deal with anyone using the power rack for benching today so I did all of the pull-ups regular style. Kind of surprised how little stretching I’ve had to do these past few workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment