Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 27, 2010 - ME LB

Let just preface this workout with the realization I lack brute strength on most lifts (stones are my rock). I don't know, somewhere between my crappy overhead lifting the day before from a fatigued core, knowing that the guy who won the recent pro qualifer show only did events twice for it, or seeing some unknown behemoth come in to the gym at the end of yesterday's workout and barely miss 545lbs (horrible hand off screwed him up) and then blast out 24 reps with 315lbs made me realize that I need to change some things. Going to be alternating between squats and pulls as well as bench and overhead. I'll be basing my log press speed work numbers off my clean and press and not my press from the rack. LB DE day will remain unchanged. UB DE day I'll be rotating cg 5-board presses with circus dumbbell presses. My supplementary lifts for LB ME day will be either rack suspended gm's (squat) or lunges (deadlift). Assistance exercises will be ssb hyper extensions and pulldown abs. On UB ME day, it will be lockout based lifts (bench) and implement clean based lifts (overhead). Assistance lifts remain the same. For the deadlift, the grouping will be rotations of off the floor, rack pulls and pulls with accomodating reistance. For the squat, it will be back squats, front/zercher squats and box squats. For the bench, it will be floor/regular, rack presses w/ and w/o bands, and 3-4 board presses w/ and w/o bands. Overheads will be reverse bands, against bands and then clean&press/straight weight. Okay, on to the workout.

Walking – 32.5 minutes

Dynamic Warm-ups

25" Rack Pulls
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3
455x3
495x1
545x1
585x1
635x1 PR+30lbs
675x1 PR+70lbs
705x1 PR+100lbs
725x1 PR+120lbs
750x1 PR+145lbs
675x7 PR+70lbs & 6 reps


Barbell Lunges
125x3/3
145x3/3
165x3/3
185x3/3
205x3/3 PR+10lbs
225x3/3 PR+30lbs


45-degree Safety Squat Bar Hyperextensions
145x12
145x12
145x12

Pulldown Abs
135x20 PR+5lbs
135x20
135x20

30 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: So I had been thinking about changes to my traing all day and got it all figured out and hit the gym. I haven't done pulls from this height (just above my knee cap) in a little over four years. My previous PR was 605lbs so I knew I would crush it. I worked up to 545lbs double overhand on the crappy bar (didn't want to ruin the good grippy bars for a heavy rack pull). My right knee started to bother me like that one day with the light light yoke carry. Not sure what caused it but it had me worried. It didn't interfer with the rack pulling but I was still concerned I wouldn't be able to do lunges. After 675lbs, I went for 705lbs just so it would be the heaviest weight I've held with a barbell (most had been 700lbs). Got that and went for 725lbs since it was getting tough. Got that too. My dad had to leave but I told him I'd be going for 750lbs next. Quite a struggle to get it started (that should help me a ton) but it went up. I went for a down set with 675lbs. I made sure to deload each rep so that it would be coming from mostly a dead stop. Still got a lot more reps than I was expecting. Stopped mostly because my hands were getting raw. Might need to consider straps for the down sets on these to save my hands while it's still so humid and hot. Been losing calluses almost daily haha. Knee was feeling better so I was able to do the lunges. Really hits muscles I don't use that much. Hit some big weight for me on these and I hope to add on the pounds to these. After lunges I was contemplating doing gm's but figured it would be smarter to do hypers with the ssb instead. I just picked a weight and it felt pretty good. Then did abs. Feeling good, I guess sometimes it just trying something new or thinking about something differently that can reinvigorate you. Opening the stone baby tomorrow night.


No comments:

Post a Comment