Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 25, 2010

Walking – 34 minutes

Comments: Interesting day. I woke with soreness all over (abs, hips, ribs, chest, arms, you name it) so I figured it would be best to rest and make my stone. Lou was sick so he couldn't help me out so my dad and I were a bit like the apes discovering the slab in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Lou said that sand would make for a better stone and that he had some but it was in a broken circus dumbbell. Drove to his place in the rain but had to park elsewhere since a tree had fallen down during the storm (one way street). Lou wasn't there but the dumbbell was outside. So after some hesitation, I carried the 180lbs circus dumbbell a block to the truck of my car. As I'm driving away I see Lou and I tell him I got it. He had seen me drive away the first time and thought I was going home due to the tree and had tried calling me. Couldn't hear my phone vibrate since I like singing in my car. So Lou had went to get Chinese food (just up the street). I get back home and my dad and I start trying to get the mold halves together and mixing the concrete. The first two bags looked a little too dry so we added more water for the next three. We added some sand and two small rocks (used those to push down the concrete). We only got about 380lbs of concrete into the 22" mold (not including water weight, sand or stones), I tried adding blue dye to make it a little different from other atlas stones but I don't think that worked too well. Now I play the waiting game to see if it worked. The rain had stopped and I went for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment