Saturday, October 24, 2009

October 24, 2009 - Events

Dynamic Warm-ups

Conan's Wheel
230x1 Lap
525x2/3 Lap (people in the way)
525x1 Lap
640x1 Lap PR+90lbs

Tire Flip and Coffin Drag
780x60'/Coffinx60' - 65 seconds

Bleacher Deadlifts
1 Personx5
3 Peoplex3
Add Straps
5 Peoplex2
5 Peoplex4

Comments: Had quite a few people show up for the contest training day. Most everyone did log first but I abstained since I had just done overhead the other day. Did Conan's Wheel for the first time in over a year (first contest) and I felt a lot better but didn't push it. Just wanted to make sure I could get a lap with the contest weight. After I went they put some tape on the arm so it won't slide out during the walk. They want you to drop not because you're sweaty but because you're fatigued. Then the tire flip and coffin drag. This was the easiest this tire has felt for me. The coffin has a ton of traction, we didn't even bother adding weight to it. This event is going to be a tough one. A bit pissed with how the bleacher deadlift went (not because it was tough because I like that) since the first set with the contest weight I stood too close to the bar and when I attempted to lift it my strained back muscle whatever it is stopped by to say hi. I didn't interfere with the next set which was much better but it's something I definitely need to keep an eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment