Monday, April 4, 2011

April 04, 2011 - Extra Workout

I made some minor changes to my routine in regards to the deadlift selection (drop chain weight from 140lbs to 105lbs, making rack heights 3" apart) and also going to try out putting in dumbbell incline bench and wide grip romanian deadlifts in on my DE days. Incline will be two weeks on and one week off (seated dumbbell for that week) while the wide grip rdls will be two weeks off and one week on (gm's the other two weeks). Attempting that 522lbs stone the other day really showed me that I need to just get my deadlifting stronger. I got to make it my favorite. Chest involvement in my overhead press has been key for me lately and I'm hoping that by including incline and seated pressing will benefit both. With the rdls, this is more or less a test as I can keep a good arch on gms but not so much on deadlifts. I'm also doing them by suggestion of pretty good deadlifter so fingers crossed. Bent over rows are starting to help from a static stand point. Just trying to feel some things out.

Band Face Pulls
IW#2'sx100

Band Press Downs
IW#2'sx100

Band Straight Arm Lat Pulls
IW#2'sx100

Ankle Weight Lying Leg Curls
11'sx250

Comments: Man were my thoracic spine muscles sore today. Not sure if it was stones or the apparatus deadlifts. Got both the face and lat pulls with no breaks (really tough for the lat pulls) but triceps were especially beat as it took two breaks to get them all. Lost count on the ankle weights (I was watching a movie) so I did ten extra just to be sure. My set of Monster Mini Bands arrived today from Elitefts.

No comments:

Post a Comment