Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22, 2010 - Events

Dynamic Warm-ups

Yoke
440x15'
440x15'
530x15'
530x15'
620x15'
620x15'
710x15'
710x15'

13" Log Clean and Press Drill
170x(3/1)x4
170x(3/1)x4

Walking – 33.5 minutes

Comments: Not really much of a day really. I had wanted to do some light medleys to simulate events for Nats but Joe was having none of it. He wanted me to stay focused on this upcoming show. I personally like to deload from the contest at hand (keeps me from stressing out about it) by doing events for another show. This was kind of unfortunate as I had done most of the events coming up in the show already this week. Didn't feel like arguing and practiced yoke starts. Working on the pick, settling and then taking off with it. Felt alright, not too concerned about this event. Goal I guess is whole distance with no drops. Then since there wasn't much else I could do, I took the wood log (can't add weight to it) and did a clean and press drill. Three cleans and then strict press. That counts as one rep and I did two sets of four. I wanted to feel like I did something so I went for a walk when I got home after mowing the front yard. I also slapped together my training clips video for this show and the next one. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment