Saturday, August 21, 2010

August 20, 2010

Walking – 30 minutes

Comments: Just walking today after work today. Meant to do it earlier when I got home but that ended up as a half hour nap. On the couch. In the basement. Still quite warm outside even at 9:00. So I did some more thinking on the whole overhead thing. My first plan is going to be a simple switch of overhead days to bench days so that heavy overhead lifts are done the same week as my heavy deadlifts instead of heavy squats. I actually looked back through my journey as I knew I was experiencing a similar issue. The pattern was huge PR on a squat (box or free style) without bands and then and lackadaisical or sucky overhead max workout. Even seeing the same thing happen with the DE days too. So hopefully this switch will fix things. If not, I guess the next option is to alternate between heavy and speed for upperbody. I may cut down on the variations of lifts with bands and do some more straight weight stuff using a barbell and my hollow thick bar. Anyway, the entry form and events for Nationals was posted today. I was kind of writing off the contest for this year as it's in Reno, Nevada, the past two years and all the other Pro qualifiers have had heavy log pressing (weakest event) and the general genericness of the events. Well imagine my surprise to see no log and only some of the typically generic fodder (got to get that ironmind sandbag in there somewhere). I'm sure some of my friends will think that some of the events are light (yoke, frame, axle) considering how the other Plat Pluses were much heavier (yoke especially). Eh, it's not a must but it could be something to train for between September and January for me. Cost is going to be the biggest thing and I'll have to determine what that's going to end up being.

No comments:

Post a Comment