Monday, June 7, 2010

June 07, 2010

Walking – 34 minutes

Comments: Very stressful day with work. Not what I needed after such a tough competition both mentally and physically. Went for a walk after work. Upper back, hips are sore as are my ribs and abs. Stones, tire and yoke are a deadly combo of soreness. I certainly need to rethink things with log pressing and consider whether I am ready for a Plat Plus show. It seems incredibly unlikely to add 30lbs to my log press in less than two months. On one hand, I'd like to see how that feels being in that kind of competitive atmosphere. Also, these kinds of shows are rarely near me (relatively near that is). However, I also don't want to be in a massive deficit from bombing the first event in a stacked field. Upon finding out the log weight from yesterday was actually between 299lbs and 303lbs, I can't say that I'm absolutely doing any Plat Plus shows this year. I'll continue training as if I am going but improvement on log pressing is going to be the deciding factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment