Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 08, 2009 - ME LB (Sorta)

Walking – 30 minutes

Dynamic Warm-ups

Front Squats
45x10
135x5
225x3
275x2
295x3 PR+ 1 rep
225x12 PR+ 4 reps


18" Rack Deadlifts
365x3
405x3
455x3
495x3
545x3 PR+2 reps

Karlsen Squats
270x8
360x5
410x1
270x8

24 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: A bit of a deviation from my normal workout. Didn't time this workout. Went over to train with Lou Costa and his friend Matt at the Annex gym. I had thought it had been closed down but I guess not. I was invited so I just went with the flow. As I was about to get warmed up I realized I had forgotten my wrestling shoes. I wasn't terribly warm during front squats, god I hate them, but I still managed to get some PR's. The set of 12 was done with a few in the tank. Managed to do my PR for 18" pulls for a triple even though the last rep was hitched. Hey it still counts in strongman. Then did Karlsen squats which are squats done in a hack squat machine but you face the pads instead. Felt a lot like a front squat mixed with a smith machine. While I prefer doing my own workout, it was nice to talk with other competitors while lifting.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Brutha, I like Karlsen squats too. I have been doing them as and when I get go to a gym that has a hack squat machine that allows you to do them (not all machines are good to go)since before I found out that Svend had planted his flag in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are an interesting exercise. A bit too rough on the knees for me though.

    ReplyDelete