Saturday, September 5, 2009

September 05, 2009

Walking – 31 minutes

Car Pushing
7000x23'
7000x44'
7000x15'
2800x67'
2800x67'
2800x67'
2800x67'
2800x67'

Comments: First time eating breakfast in at least three years and it tasted great. Had oatmeal cottage cheese egg pancakes with 2lbs of plain non fat yogurt and a cup of black coffee. Stayed down all day which is very good. I plan on eating this every morning. I'm also going be weighing myself every morning to track my progress throughout the week and over the coming months. Waited a bit too late in the day to do walking and tried out some car pushing. Bit overzealous with my first attempt on the Suburan truck, I swear I've moved this thing before but maybe I was thinking about the old van we used to have. My original plan was like ten sets of 230' or so but that was scrapped as soon as I started moving the truck. Humbling so I dropped down to a much lighter car, a Versa which is my car. A real gasser, really hits the legs and calves. I took 60 seconds rest for the pushing with the lighter vehicle. I will be making some minor changes to my assistance lifts, ditching machine based lifts entirely. Going for dropping pulldown abs, pulldowns and face pull and adding in weighted situps and pullups and going to try JM presses for a change.

2 comments:

  1. First off Craig thanks for subscribing to my blog, you and my chiropracter are the only people on it so far, which makes you elite in some way, I can quite figure out how yet but when I have we should all drink each others blood or somthing of that nature. The next thing is Checking out your car push data, I dont understand the numbers, Because when i do the car push it is usually for 1-3 reps of 150 meters as a finisher after which I am twitching on the floor trying not to leave my body behind and go towards the light. Please explain.
    Best
    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Guy. The data I put for the car pushing is weight x distance. The first car was a heavy truck that weighs roughly 2.5 tons. So from the data it would be three sets with that vehicle for the listed distance (23 feet the first attempt, 44 the next and 15 for the last). I then used a much lighter car for the last few sets and it weighs roughly 2800lbs. I wanted to do sprint type stuff since I'm good endurance wise but horrible moving fast. Hope that explains it.

    ReplyDelete