Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 30, 2013 – LB ME

Some updates. One is that I'm planning on hiring Jenkins to setup my training for a 3 month stint after the contest. I feel I'm back on the wagon as far as improving my overhead and deadlift but it isn't happening fast enough. The amature ranks are full of behemoths pressing +400lbs and deadlifting +700lbs. As for the contest, there have been some additional changes. Contests are always subject to change and it is on the form. The changes are to accommodate the large number of competitors (71). One of the events (the arm-over-arm pull) will be dropped to save time. Stinks for me as it is one of my best events. The contest is going from 6 events to 5 events. Another change is the last man standing events are now going to be by Wessels Rules (3 attempts, 1 miss and you are done). Fair enough, hopefully there will be time to let us adequately warm-up. The other is the order of events. The contest is in three groups with lardasses in a group with the womens class. Overhead, yoke/frame, deadlift, car hold and stones. Should be good for me in that I'll be fresh for the overhead and medley but might make the two deadlift based events suck. Hopefully it will fatigue the other heavies as much or more so than me.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Ultra Wide Sumo Deadlifts
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
355x3
405x1
445x1
485x1
520x1
Add Straps
555x1 PR+10lbs

Glute Ham Raises
bwx3
17x3
35x6
52x6
70x6

Cambered Squat Bar Goodmornings
260x12
260x12
260x12

Wide Grip Pulldowns
220x12
220x12
220x12

Reverse Hyperextensions
50x25
50x25
50x25
50x25

22 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Yeah, I went with sumo deadlifts again. Felt like it. Haven't done any platform sumo pulls in years I think. The start was tough for these as expected. 520lbs felt alright, like my grip might be slowing me down so I figured I was good for a bit more with the straps. Wrong. Really tough to get it moving and my abs cramped up massively trying to lock it out. It was as if my guts became big, juicy caterpillars in rotten fruit. I was very happy to put that weight down haha. Decided to stick with ghrs but with no bands. Still super tough. I initially couldn't get one rep with 70lbs and had to regroup. I also figured out that these are why I've been getting bruises on my left ankle and heel. Been pushing into the foot plate very hard. Not much to say about the usually assistance work. Going to have to think about what I'm doing next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment