Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 22, 2013 – Overhead Event Training

Been doing a lot of thinking these past two weeks. Nationals have wrapped up and it's on to the 2014 season. For Nats, the trend toward heavier overhead and deadlift continues. 37 of the 64 HW competitors failed to get a rep on the deadlift event and the winning number was 6 reps. I'm not sure how much harder I can work the deadlift and overhead. Pro/Am shows are going to be Louisiana and Utah. Considering the distance and how the last one went, most likely not an option. Nationals is going to be in Reno, Nevada and could be a three day contest. This might just end up being year where stick to gym training and do local shows to make sure the competitive spirit is still there.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Circus Dumbbell Clean and Presses (Left Side Only)
30x5
60x5
90x3
120x3
153x4
153x4
153x4
153x4
173x2
193x2 PR+3lbs

Axle Jerks
160x3
205x3
250x8
250x8
250x8
250x8

Band Triceps Pressdowns
LB+MBx25
LB+MBx25
LB+MBx25
LB+MBx25

Face Pulls
LB+MMBx25
LB+MMBx25
LB+MMBx25
LB+MMBx25

28 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Just playing it by feel at this point for overhead. Heavy stone work meant my arms and abs would be sore and my hammies would most likely be tight. The reps are still working so just going to keep pushing it until show time. 4x4 followed by 2x2. If I feel like crap, I do the easy set double again, if not, on to the heavy PR double. Definitely the best my circus dumbbell pressing has ever felt with the BDS dumbbell. Had a little bit of an interruption on my heavy double with someone asking me how heavy it was. It happens. Even axle jerks felt good this week. Maybe the slightly smaller jumps helped. I just felt like putting on all the big rubber plates. Only set I had issues with was the last one, I think I was off-center or something. Finished up with bands and stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment