Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 21, 2012 to January 24, 2012

Just now getting around to post training. Had a bad weekend, new class started on Monday and had an interview Tuesday (was given very short notice on it). Either way, that stuff is done with for now. Good news is that the listing for the NAS Platinum Plus contests is up so I have dates and locations to work around. Also have the location and dates for Nationals which should make planning for it much easier than in years past. To be honest, I was getting worried that the info hadn’t been posted by now. Event training this weekend could be tough as nobody is really going to be around Saturday and I can’t train Sunday morning as I have family obligations. Possibly going to train with Andy at his place but uncertain right now as he might just go to Brute Strength Gym. Worse comes to worse, I could always hit events in the street if the snow is gone by then.

January 21, 2012

Walking – 32.5 minutes

Comments: We got decent amount of snow. Spent most of the day just deloading from the work week and then shoveled my neighbor’s driveway. Went for a walk a little while after that and didn’t do my usual band work since I figured shoveling snow replaced that. Finally got around to watching the ESPN broadcast of WSM 2011 (had seen the UK Channel 5 Broadcast weeks earlier).

January 22, 2012 – Suck

Dynamic Warm-ups

12” Log Clean and Push Presses
115x5
145x5
175x3
215x5
245x3
275x1
275x1

Comments: I should have just stayed in bed this day. Would have been limited to log and stones if I went out to Chambersburg to train so I drove down to the new location for the Edge 2.0 facility. After my GPS took me on the scenic route (going to take a ball peen hammer to it) I got there but I felt like crap. My neck was stiff, my lower back was tight and I couldn’t stop shivering. I felt better after doing my warm-ups but I just sucked on log. I was hoping for a triple with 275lbs but only got one rep. Technically, I was still within the 5/3/1 minimum for this week but it was just disappointing. I think I rested about 10 minutes to get my head right and figured I’d try it again. Same result. I was too pissed off to focus on anything else so I just helped out some of the other people training. That was probably the only positive of the day. Left and drove back home two hours and went to bed early.

January 24, 2012 – ME LB

Dynamic Warm-ups

Reverse Band 18” Front Box Squats w/ Light Bands
No Bands
45x10
Add Bands (-65lbs)
95x5
135x3
180x3
215x3
245x3
275x1
305x1
335x1
365x1
395x1
425x1
455x1

Safety Squat Bar Goodmornings
225x5
255x5
285x5
315x5
345x5

Seated Cable Rows (straps)
230x12
260x12
290x12
320x12 PR+5lbs

??? Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Really good workout. Having two days to rethink some stuff helped me relax and feel better. Also eating two double meat 12” subs Monday night might have helped (can’t believe I forgot that Subway did that). Really surprised myself on reverse band front box squats. I had based all of my front box squat numbers off of what I did that first workout when I had to fight like hell to just get 380lbs. I’m getting much better at them. Still having issues with breathing on the heavier weights. Got no problem with the light stuff thanks to speed work though. Cut my hand a little on the straps (second time). I felt good for a little more but my training partners thought my top set was a good place to stop. Worked up to my goal weight for ssb gm’s. Didn’t push these as 345lbs felt heavy enough for my top set of five and I’m also not very keen on aiming for triple like I am after deadlifts. More can go wrong on sloppy gm’s. Rows were pretty nice and I think a lot of that has to do with not really doing events this past weekend. Forgot to set my timer for stretching so no idea how long I did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment