Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 01, 2012 - Extra Workout

Well, 2011 is done and now on to 2012. I had great disappointments and great gains this past year with two injuries and then coming back from both stronger than before. I was only well enough for one contest. I had a lot of time to assess my training and really look at the pieces and I'm definitely better for it. I'm still learning new stuff all the time in strongman. I figure I should put up some goals for this year.

1. Qualify for Nationals
2. Compete at Nationals
3. Compete at a Pro Card Show
4. Deadlift 700lbs
5. Front Box Squat 405lbs
6. Log Press 330lbs
7. Axle Press 330lbs
8. Load 505lbs Atlas Stone to 51.5"
9. Load 522lbs Atlas Stone

Walking - 31.5 minutes

Band Face Pulls
IW#1'sx100

Band Press Downs
IW#1'sx100

Band Straight Arm Lat Pulls
IW#1'sx100

Comments: Besides the expected soreness for my arms from the shield carry, my hips were quite beat from the car lifting as well as my lower back. Walking felt good with the cool air. Band work was surprisingly easy considering the day I had yesterday. Another day off then back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment