Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 26, 2009 - Events

Dynamic Warm-ups

Safe Presses
135x5
185x3
205x3
225x3
245x3
225x8

Conan's Wheel
460x50'
550x50'
640x50'
730x75'
730x100'

Chain Yoke
250x80'
340x80'
430x80'
610x46'

Tackyless Atlas Stones Over Yoke
200x5 (44")
225x5 (44")
250x5 (49")
3??x0 (Not budging)
275x10 (49")

Comments: It was good to get in an event day with a group. It's been over two months since I had a good group event day training session and almost a month since I had an event day of some sort. Besides doing yoke and farmers or most kinds of pressing that is. Anyways, I've been trying to go down to Maryland for the past couple weekends but stuff got in the way, most of time the culprit being weather. Since it was just rain this time, event training was on and I went 1.5 hours down to Jason's place. First up was some safe pressing, kind of. The whole thing was made of pipe. I did strict presses until I got to 225lbs. I did manage to get the first one as a strict press and then did jerks for the rest. The mats were a little wet and my oly shoes were slipping a little. I was planning on leaving it at three reps with 245lbs but Jay had to go a do a down set with 225lbs and so I joined in. So then we did conan's wheel. Granted I was using more weight (assuming the arm is 100lbs) the weight was little farther from the body than the one I've used before but it was still good for me. I still suck at this event but at least I didn't pass out this time. Then did some chain yoke work. I wasn't planning on doing any but I did return some of the weights back to the start three times. 610lbs was on a whim and it was incredibly tough. Andy's chain yoke threw me around like a rag doll and I haven't had that happen since I first used a chain yoke. It could also be that I did heavy yoke just two days before hand. Jay had a new batch of stones (I think he's selling them soon) and I guess this was the breaking in party. The weights on these are really just guesses. The yoke bar was low for me but I still got a decent workout picking the stones up. No one could budge the +21" freak stone, even with tacky. I then did a set of ten with the 275lbs stone. It felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment