Saturday, July 2, 2011

July 02, 2011 - DE UB

Some things before getting to my workout. First off, congrats to Brad Ardrey for joining the +500lbs atlas stone club. Absolutely embarrassed a 501lbs stone today. In regards to the Michigan show, I'm probably going to treat it like a training session in the same vein as my trip down to Brute Strength Gym in that I will go heavy on Tuesday and Wednesday of that week, skip my DE days and go back to normal the following week. The heavy show that I want to do would be four weeks away if I deloaded for the Michigan show. Again, nothing set in stone yet. Not too sure how Nationals is going to look for NAS this year. There is a chance I won't qualify this year since I've picked fairly tough shows. I think my best chance might be Michigan in that I'm pretty good at most of the events. I don't want a cake walk qualifier as I won't be given the same courtesy if I go to the big dance. At the same time, I don't want to keep putting off going to Nationals, it's not like the weights or the competition is going to stay the same. It's just going to get harder. Also with the forming of the WSM affiliate program that could be up as soon as this Fall, it adds something to that as well. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Close Grip Bench Presses w/ Chains
No Chains
45x10
Add Chains(+50lbs)
45x2
95x2
135x2
175x2
222x2
222x2
222x2
222x2
222x2
222x2
222x2
222x2

Neutral Grip Incline Dumbbell Bench Presses
85'sx5
100'sx5
115'sx5
130'sx4 PR+5lbs

Suspended Swiss Bar Z Presses
95x8
125x8
155x8
185x8 PR+5lbs

Bent Over Rear Delt Dumbbell Raises
55'sx12
75'sx12
95'sx12 PR+5lbs

47 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Tired, even though I got lots of sleep (actually woke up and then fell back to sleep for a half hour). Glutes and quads were really sore. Chugging 1300 calories right before lifting is also a bad idea. Benching went alright. Incline started okay but I was having issues with 115lbs and I was worried I wouldn't even get 130lbs up at all. Luckily, 130lbs went smoothly, even though I didn't get five reps. Heaviest dumbbells I used to date on this exercise so that's good. Z presses are just awful the day after doing hard core/ab work. Felt a bit better than last week. I had to wait around a bit before getting back an adjustable incline bench for rear delts. I felt like I was going to hurl from all the gas in my belly. Again, stupid to consume anything this close to working out. Upped the weight on rear delts and they went surprisingly well. Finished off with a lot of stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment