Friday, August 30, 2019

August 29, 2019 – Week 13, Day 2

5 Minutes Precor AMT

Mobility Prep

18” Box Squats
45x10
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x2
315x2
365x2

Stretching

Comments: I wasn’t feeling motivated. It’s a deload week and the work is less and less as the week goes on. Some family issues made the previous 24hrs kind of stressful. Even with that going on and body aches, I’m generally feeling happy and in a good mood. I can’t say that is always the case and that doesn’t mean that I don’t continue to doubt myself at every turn. But that funk seems to last less than it usually does. It took a bit to get myself up to go to the gym after work. I was debating taking the day off and going the next day but I figured that it was better to do this now so that I gave more time for the rest week before the competition.  AMT felt ok , heart rate was only up to 146bpm. It was lower for a good bit of it and then went up at the last moment. Ended up going downstairs to do most of my warm-up stuff. Saw some people I haven’t seen it a bit. Box squats the only exercise for this workout. I wore copper knee sleeves as my knees were aching, mostly the right one. Everything felt stiff and tight. I guess I got used to the three week rotation. Set weights and reps here. I just kept my camera rolling the entire time so that I could try and work through it quickly. Quarter, plate, quarter jumps was the plan, working up to 365lbs for a double. I guess the most weight I’ve squatted in a while but should be nothing compared to all the reps I was doing with weights below this. Trying to not get hyped really. Last two sets I had on a hard belt. I didn’t use the belt I usually use for box squats as it seemed overkill for this session. Stomach bloat seems to be down enough that I was able to get the 2nd notch on the belt without feeling like I was going to pass out. Weights seemed to move well despite feeling slow, achy and tired. I have to remember that this is what the peaking process feels like. Feel like crap physically and mentally and come in to crush it. Home to eat first and then spent a good deal of time stretching out. One last workout and then hopefully a week to really recharge.


No comments:

Post a Comment