Friday, August 16, 2019

August 15, 2019 – Week 11, Day 2

5 Minutes Precor AMT

Mobility Prep

18” Box Squats
45x10
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x2
315x1
350x16

Back Extensions
BWx10
BW+50x10

Planks
BWx60 Seconds
BW+50x60 Seconds

Stretching

Comments: I got tired again. Knees have been achy this week but I feel the benefits I get from walking outweigh the discomfort. And I don’t know if walking is doing that to me or not anyways. But I was tired and this meant I slept in and didn’t have time to get my things ready for the gym. I was getting out of work early due to medication check so I figured I could get home at a reasonable time and then go to the gym. Didn’t really work out that way as I got home about the same time. The workout wasn’t to take too long considering no deadlifting right now so I put a roast in the oven before I left to make it so that I got to the gym and back within 90 minutes so it didn’t overcook. Motivation right there haha.  AMT felt Ok but my heart rate was up to 158bpm during the last minute. Ended up going downstairs to do most of my warm-up stuff. Good thing as I had someone wanting to take apart my setup on the squat rack. Box squats again. Really that was everything for this workout besides back extensions and planks. Continuing the climb in weight for this higher rep set. Had been 50lbs then 40lbs and now 35lbs. Despite feeing stiff in my knees and my right inner thigh, these went well. I did seem to overstress my left forearm picking up plates. I guess that one arm row stuff was harder on the body than I had thought. Pretty sore, maybe a good thing I’m not doing the farmer’s walk and holds this week because of the finger. 315lbs went up easy. I felt like 15 reps had to happen. I started to think that was me being overconfident and I thought do 16 instead. 16 seems to stick as that is really the only metric I got for higher rep squats with the barbell from those years ago. I thought I was going to gas out to be honest. First rep felt smooth. I figured I could get 15 if I could do 10 without needing to take a deep breath. I got to that point and it was now just a matter of doing it. I knew I had to try for number 16. Form didn’t really break here but it probably would on the next one. Staggered a bit after racking it but I wasn’t nearly as dead as I felt last time when I did 315lbs. I kept checking the weight to make sure I had it right and my math was coming out to 350lbs. Tried to hurry up on the core stuff. The clock was ticking and I had less than 20 minutes I think left at this point for the roast. Both back extensions and planks were the same weights, reps and sets as last time. Moving through these fast made these not so pleasant. I mean the no weight version for the back extensions was almost peaceful. Not as much with weight. Still pretty easy. Some worry about discomfort holding it but it wasn’t an issue. Left forearm was sore though. Planks were much tougher. My warm-up set felt like a working set and I about puked on the working set from the strain. Those heavish high reppish squats are rough to recover from in a short time. But I think I enjoyed the squats this time. I feel like they are working my legs and not my back as much. So something is getting stronger. Home with time to spare on the roast. Ate that first and then did my stretching and recovery stuff. The roast wasn’t enough so I ended up cooking up some eggs too.


No comments:

Post a Comment