Friday, August 23, 2019

August 22, 2019 – Week 12, Day 2

5 Minutes Precor AMT

Mobility Prep

16” Front Box Squats w/ Chains
No Chains
45x10
Added Chains (+50lbs)
45x5
95x3
135x2
185x1
225x1
275x3
275x3
275x3

Back Raise Bench Sit-ups
BWx15
BWx15

Stretching

Comments: No walking Wednesday as I had plans. Friday not looking so good either so I’ll have to make up for it in the coming weeks if I can. Otherwise I may be coming in a little heavier than 275lbs. Not that I mind much but it will mean that I may need to requalify for USS Nats if I want to do that at the under 275lbs weight class. But whatever I’m my best at then so be it. This workout was going to be short since still restricted on what I can do. I ended up coming home after work as I wanted to sleep in so that meant I needed to come back to get gym stuff ready. I did a pot roast so I could use that as an excuse to set it on warm when I got home. My stomach wasn’t pleased with me as I was feeling bloated and had the burps. I think it was because I was working too much and didn’t drink as much water as I usually do during the day and then tried to make up for it after work in like span of 10 minutes. Eh. Figured I’d see if this workout would be fine without the compression socks and just knee sleeves if needed. Trying to gauge how things are feeling and idea of what my actual soreness and achiness is day to day. It just may be taking longer and longer for me to heal from things than I would like and I don’t think some of the supplements I’ve been taking are really worth the money. Forearms still mildly sore and knees ache. Shoulders kind of achy too. Self-conscious about that haha. Really need that deep tissue massage on Monday. So to the gym. The usual AMT to warm-up.  Heart rate up to 144bpm. I kind of expected to be higher with how I was feeling. Movement prep stuff felt surprisingly good.  I had to wait for the squat rack to open. I had started setting things up on the other one but the guy noticed I was going to be doing squats and moved as otherwise I’d have to quarter squat stuff up to start. Front squats with chains to start. Same as before with the setup, just 25lbs more. I knew it was going to be important to get more sets with the hard belt on to keep me from feeling like I was going to pass out. It’s tough to balance doing enough to warm-up and enough that won’t overdo it for the working sets. The gut bloat wasn’t helping today as I’d have to cinch it too tight to get it into the second buckle. Usually that isn’t a problem. So just one buckle hole it was. Even with the single with the belt on, I think the weight just isn’t pleasant and I’m not used to it yet. Felt like I was going to lose consciousness but I didn’t. Nowhere near as bad as last time. Second and third set were better. My left quad was twitching before I did my heavier stuff. Abdominals felt tight after the second set. Making me paranoid. No issues at all on the third set. Last set, best set I guess. No deadlifts so abdominals to finish up. Last thing was the back raise bench abdominal stuff as has been the case. Same reps and sets as last time. I was tempted to add some weight or something but this was fine today. I was feeling some tension in my right lower abdominals so probably best that I stuck with the plan here. Fairly early end to night, even though I arrived like 45 minutes later than I should’ve. Home for stretching and Mississippi roast.


No comments:

Post a Comment