Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 23, 2012 – Event Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Atlas Stone Loads to 58"
226x1
259x1
300x1
330x1
350x7 PR+7"

Truck Pushes (60 seconds rest)
7000x150'
7000x150'
7000x150'
7000x150'
7000x150'

26 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: I did not intend for today to be a long workout but it had to become one. With Jenkins at WSM, I can't train there after hours on the weekends and with everyone else either away or having to light of stones to train on, made for another drive down to the Edge 2.0 to train. I do dislike spending so much time in a car to train but I will do what I have to follow the programming. I will say that there were some good things about training today as I had plenty of help with keeping time, filming and reloading the stone. Also got to use the yoke setup for Nats rather than a platform. Good thing too as I forget how close I need to be to it when it is over a bar and not to a platform. Whacked the back of my head really good picking up the first stone haha. Broke in my new sleeves, would have liked them tighter but they worked perfectly. Goal for today was to hit a stone that I could get seven reps or more in under 60 seconds. Regardless of how long it took, I was going to get at least seven reps with the stone. I thought I might have chosen too heavy for my set until I started going. After the first rep, I attempted to readjust my glasses but stopped myself as I remembered I was covered in tacky. I got my seven and called it there. Very happy to get it under the 60 seconds mark. I see some spots where I can cut time and pick up a rep at least but this really brought my confidence back for stone loading (and strongman training). Helped out some before driving back home. About 2 hours later, it was time to finish the workout with the truck pushes. Warm up was just walking to the truck. Felt better than last time I did them. Getting used to them I think. Stretched a little bit to finish things up for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment