Friday, September 7, 2012

September 06, 2012 – Lower Body Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Front Squats
45x10
85x5
125x3
165x1
205x1
245x1
285x1
325x1
365x1
375x1 PR+10lbs
385x1 PR+20lbs


GHR Situps
bw+40x40

29 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: I wasn't expecting much today. Front squats haven't been kind to me in the past and with how the past few workouts have gone, I've lowered my expectations accordingly (or appropriately I guess). Despite soreness and mental state, it went better than expected. Normal front squats are little weird after doing the strap and box versions (and harness versions before that). A plus was that my mid back thing didn't act up very much at all, so the feedback that it is getting better is a good sign. 365lbs felt like my limit for the day but I figured I'd add a little more. Much the same and I could have called it there too but I felt I had a little more still. I felt like I was going to be crushed as soon as I unracked the weight. Despite that, it felt much like the previous two singles. I felt I was rolling the dice a few too many times and called it there. Moved on to abs from there. Made a makeshift weight vest out of some chains. Quite unique feel to them since they kept moving. Called it at forty and stretched.

No comments:

Post a Comment