Friday, September 21, 2012

September 20, 2012 – Lower Body Training

Been feeling down on myself and I need to stop. But it is hard. Had to schedule in an extra session with the chiropractor for my lower back as my overhead lifting shifted the L-1 again. Looks like I'll be switching back to jerks for my overhead lifting. It's been a long, weird experiment.

Dynamic Warm-ups

S-Cubed Bar Squats
52x10
142x5
192x2
232x2
282x2
322x2
372x2
412x2
462x2
482x0

GHR Situps
bw+40x50 PR+10 reps

27 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Well this was something. Learned that box squats don't help my squat for one thing (seem to help deadlift though). Haven't really been doing full range squats other than front squats or with lighter weight. Got to start some where I guess. I felt like a newborn foal coming out of the hole even warming up, felt awkward. Going to be using the s-cubed bar when I can as my choices are either unbendable or whippy for barbells. Despite all of that, the top double was very close to my 1rm from when I did full squats. Just not ready for 482lbs and I should have just went on to abs at the set before. Couldn't get the exact setup I had the last time for ghr situps (quite a bit tougher) and I also forgot how many I had done last time. I just kept going until I knew I had beat that number. Back felt a little better after the situps strangely enough. Quite a bit of leg and chest stretching after all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment