Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 13, 2012 – Lower Body Training

Been a bit distracted the past few days. I was at the York Fair all day yesterday helping out with Pennsylvania's Strongest Man. Got a wicked sunburn. Tested out both the women's and men's truck pull to make sure the course was doable. My lower back hasn't been working as well since I picked up those 397lbs farmer's handles for a double. My back loosened up enough for the chiropractor to get my L-1 to adjust back in to place so I'm feeling a lot better but still need to work on it some more.

Dynamic Warm-ups

S-Cubed Bar Sumo Deadlifts
145x10
235x5
325x2
375x1
415x1
465x1
Added Straps
505x1
555x1
570x0

Hanging Leg Raises
bwx40 PR+5 reps
33 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Hoping for big things today but not to be. I decided to use the s-cubed bar for pulls which probably wasn't the best thing for consistency sake as I've been basing my sumo pulls off of a deadlift bar and the last time I did them was with a regular (albeit flexible) barbell. Especially since the start is my issue with sumo and this bar has barely any flex. The markings are different too so my foot placement might have been off a little as well. All choices my fault. All of it felt tough. Tied my PR from last year but like I said, I was expecting more considering how much improvement I've seen in this style of pull this past year. Moved on to abs after that. Had to reset a couple times at the start to keep from swinging. Last half was really tough, abs were twitching the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment