Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 04, 2012 - Upper Body Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Axle Clean and Presses
72x3
102x3
132x3
162x3
192x3
222x3
252x3
282x1

Axle Overhead Lockouts
162x1
212x1
252x1
302x1
342x1 (22 second hold at top)

Pull-ups
bwx16

Parallel Bar Dips
bwx40 PR+8 reps
bw+25x19

29 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Another frustrating day of overhead lifting. Felt a lot of latent soreness from car deadlifting. Warm-ups felt good and felt a little tough on the set with 252lbs. I thought 282lbs would be doable, then I missed the first clean. I got it on the second attempt and while the press was a little tough, I felt I had two more in me. Turns out I was wrong. Really angry at myself. I hate missing weights and being this far behind. From there, moved on to overhead lockouts with the axle. These were not originally part of the workout but they have been added in to help with my overhead. The platform wasn't as sturdy as I would have liked but I held the weight for a decent time. Next was a max rep set of pull-ups. I don't remember going over 12 reps on these since I was 80lbs lighter so possibly a PR. Might have had one more rep in me but it would have been super ugly. Moved on to dips from there. Arms and shoulders were a bit fatigued (last time I did only push pressing) so it was a struggle to beat my best from last time. The bodyweight set took it out of me and I had little left in the tank for the set with weight. Stretched and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment