Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11, 2010 - Events

Dynamic Warm-ups

Yoke/Sandbag Medley
270x60'
270x60'
450x60'
630x60'
810x60' (PR+40lbs No Drops)/225x60'
1000xpick

Keg Carries
250x60'/250x60'
250x60'/250x60'

Cambered Bar Strict Presses w/ Chains
Add Chains (+40lbs)
60x10
Add Chains (+80lbs)
60x10
Add Chains (+120lbs)
60x6

Comments: Was not sure what today was going to be. I have been very sore this week from training. Went down to York to train with Jon. It was just the two of us today. Since I have a show next weekend, I didn't really want to get in the way and did what he was doing. Did some yoke and then he did the yoke and sandbag medley that's going to be at Nats. I figured, why not and did it too. Now I was worried that it was going to be a catastrophe like my 800lbs yoke at the WNSF show where dropped it a million and one times and finished the course in 75 seconds. I guess what Joe told me last week clicked because damned if that wasn't my best runs with +800lbs. I did it with no drops which is huge for me. Ran back to the sandbag and kind of lazily picked it up and walked with low and put it away at the same time. That run with the yoke really restored my confidence in my yoking ability. After that, we both stupidly tried 1000lbs on the yoke. Jon did two attempts and I did one. I took a step and dropped it. Not even close today haha. Jon's yoke feels slightly less stable than Joe's. Then it was on to keg carries. Jon only has the one keg filled up so we improvised with running down 30' and back to the keg before picking it up again to simulate running back to get another keg. This was nice and light for me and I really focused on getting the keg high, and moving quickly. Went back to Jon's house where he did stones. I want to be fresh for stones at the contest so I didn't do them. I wanted to do some pressing but ceiling is too low for me to mess with the log or dumbbell (I shouldered the 185lbs dumbbell once each side. It's a bear with the 3" handle.) So I did some pressing using the cambered bar and chains. Interesting I must say. I'm considering getting some chains but they are very expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment