Saturday, November 14, 2009

November 14, 2009 - Events

Dynamic Warm-ups

Crucifix Hold
5lbs for 30 seconds
11lbs for 30 seconds
16lbs for 30 seconds
22lbs for 30 seconds
26lbs for 48 seconds

Chain Yoke
327x100'
417x100'
507x100'
602x100' PR+71'

Arm Over Arm Rope Sled Pull
300x60'
505x60'

Comments: Ended up being the dynamic duo today with my little sister and I. I figured I try out some events from upcoming contests. The plan was crucifix hold, chain yoke, side handle apparatus deadlift and stones. However, when I found out that the Annex wouldn't be open as long as I had thought, we decided to drop stones. Brooke wanted to give the log another try after missing it a lot last week. After four failed attempts at the 10" 80lbs log she got it. I wish I had been filming her. Went on to crucifix holds and boy is that a boring event. It really needs to be done with flaming swords or severed heads to make it interesting. It also doesn't compliment my albatross wingspan. I think I can get over a minute with some more practice. Next was chain yoke and I haven't done this since August 17 of this year and I figured I'd be rusty from using strictly regular yoke. I also had no plans of going over the contest weight for the light weights (575lbs). After the first set I got in a groove. Really surprised how fast I was moving with it. Technically all sets were PR's for distance since the most I could go was 29' at the YMCA. Unfortunately, the ring that connects on to one of the loading pins bent when I dropped the yoke with 602lbs. Won't be doing chain yoke until I find a replacement. I was planning on deadlifts but I realized that I couldn't really add weight with only one person so I went with something I've dieing to try out, arm over arm with the 1.5" manila rope. Fun but really tough.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA I been doing Crucifix's too, I just try and breathe really really loud and keep my focus on that lol Awesome Stuff !!!

    ReplyDelete