Thursday, April 30, 2020

April 29, 2020 – Week 2, Day 2

Well, found out today that the contest I was prepping for was essentially cancelled. The other option was to do all the events in 10 minute time frame solo and that to me sounds like I might as well do it at home. No sense driving hours to do that. So a bit of a loss on next thing. I pretty much have to wait until the other shoe drops as far as what is getting moved or cancelled tomorrow to figure out how long it will be before I get to compete. I’ll have to reconfigure training. Luckily, this is early no announcement was going to change tomorrow’s training anyway really.

5 Minute Walk (.25 miles)

Mobility Prep

Keg Tosses
(over 15’7” target)
29x1
(over 10’7” target)
54x1
(over 15’7”/10’7” target)
29x1/54x1
29x1/54x1
29x1/54x1
29x1/54x1
29x1/54x1
29x1/54x1
29x1/54x1

Axle Cleans
100x1
140x1
170x1
215x3
215x3
215x3

Zercher Squats
45x10
135x5
185x3
225x2
275x1
325x3
325x3
325x3
325x3
325x3

Paused Axle Romanian Deadlifts w/ straps
130x3
220x3
310x3
405x6
405x6
405x6

Crunches/Lying Leg Raises/Plank
bwx30/30/60 seconds

Side Planks
bwx60/60 seconds

Stretching

Comments: I tried to get things setup as much as possible so that I had very little down time between exercises. This one took a little bit of setup last time. I couldn’t afford that today as evening showers were expected. Luckily I got everything done before that happened but got to be on the move when storm is in the forecast. Same warm-ups as last time since that felt good. Keg toss to start things off. Same as last time. Only did the two warm-ups as pending storm and I didn’t feel like the extra did much for me last time. My body was either going to move or it wasn’t. Didn’t really take the time to see what my form was until I was done. The arc is too long for the lighter keg if I was aiming to clear the bar as it stands now for the very top but it is easily clearing the contest weight which is good and what needs to happen. There were moments where I actually got airborne. So some good, some bad. I did wear the arm sleeve again today. Better safe than sorry. I get really paranoid about it. Did my seven doubles with no problems, other than the heavier keg getting deeper into my backyard and getting chunks of earth added to the weight haha. So next thing was the axle cleans. Just adding 5lbs to it from last time. Don’t want to get greedy and keep these explosive and fast. As I mentioned the day before, I was thinking about using smaller diameter plates so that lower and closer to what regular bar height would be as if with bumper plates. So used 35lbs plates. Better but still a bit high. Again, anxious with the biceps on the right arm. Like last time, first rep the more deliberate one and then the other two reps were nothing. It didn’t look like rain was coming soon so I took my time putting stuff away as active rest for the next exercise. Really not caring for the zercher squats. Feel awkward and heavy. Not sure why they are. I did raise up the pick-up height but that didn’t really make things that much better or any safer. The one crash pad has had a bit more of its will to live knocked out of it so it depresses more than the other with weights. The bar was sliding and it was sitting low on my forearms so I will have bruises. I’m going to need to find an alternative. I can grunt things out but this is like the one thing I don’t like about my training I’ve setup right now. Paused axle rdls for the last of the weights. I was kind of subconscious about my right arm as I wasn’t sure if it was the sleeve that was moving or if muscle fibers were off. Head stuff. Anyways, these again. Plan had been just adding 10lbs like the zerchers with how they felt last time. But the weight seemed to be feeling not so soul crushing at 310lbs so added another 5lbs to get 405lbs on the bar. I definitely didn’t over exaggerate the eccentric and I feel that I had good control. My lower back at the base of the sacrum had been feeling tight and stiff until I started using the hard belt and was bracing like crazy against it. Unlike last week, I never felt like I was going to lose the bracing. I did space out rests a bit more. Not because I wanted to, but I was trying to make a four serving of ramen to go with the four servings of chicken parm I had planned for dinner. Abdominal stuff to finish out the day. Looking forward to a day off haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment