Tuesday, December 3, 2019

December 2, 2019 – Week 1, Day 1

5 Minutes Precor AMT

Mobility Prep

Axle Strict Presses
72x10
92x10
112x10
132x10

Pulldowns
130x10
150x10
170x10
190x10
210x10

Precor Pec Flyes
125x10
145x10
165x10
185x10
205x10

Cybex Eagle NX Rows
150x10
170x10
190x10
210x10
230x10

Stretching

Comments: Hoping that this time around doesn’t end abruptly. Trying to be smart. Well smartish. Warming up as per usual but not worrying about the heartrate stuff. Just do my five minutes and then move on. I knew it wasn’t going to be super easy with only doing walks most days. Movement prep stuff was adjusted. Stuff dropped, stuff added and stuff from before reduced. No static stretching. Felt good. Like a good warm-up. I had thought I’d need other stuff but this was good. So first up was axle strict presses. Idea was sets of 10, up to a set I could probably do for 20 but stop at 10. That was pretty much the theme for the entire day. I was going to start with my thicker than normal hollow bar but I felt pretty good in the shoulders and I just went with the solid axle. I had to use the tiered squat rack as someone was using the power rack to get there Instagram booty stuff done. 20lbs jumps, feeling easy. I didn’t want to take much rest but I knew I’d fatigue faster if I didn’t take some kind of rest. I figured that I’d do the first few sets and then space things out. Heaviest I was planning was 152lbs but I felt at 112lbs that the next jump should be the last one. Working on breathing, bracing. No ugly reps. The rest of the workout, the plan was 5-7 sets of 10 reps. I had looked at weights at my best I had hit around 20 reps and used that as my top weight if I felt good for the 7th set. Pulldowns I wasn’t sure how those would feel. Trying to get some traction exercises in play to help recovery. Felt good, felt like I was going to be doing my goal no problem. Then the fatigue. I guess I’m used to the bigger jumps and lower reps to work up to the high rep set. About 40lbs shy of those weights. Not a problem. I knew I’d be rusty and this isn’t discouraging. I’m feeling good being in the gym with purpose. Pec flyes after that. I thought for sure I’d get to the bottom of the stack. Nope. Fatigue built up quick. Probably should’ve called it at 185lbs haha. I thought this wouldn’t be that bad considering all the press-ups I’ve been doing for my back. Must be more triceps and shoulder than I thought. Last thing was machine rows. This was the one I had to actually lower my expectations on as this felt really difficult and I dropped things down 20lbs to make sure I got five sets. This was causing a bit of hip ache but manageable. Have to see how it is later in the week as thing accumulate. Home to stretch and use heating pad. Feels like muscle aches mostly so that is hopefully a good sign. Fingers crossed. I really want to get back to competing.


No comments:

Post a Comment