Friday, December 20, 2019

December 19, 2019 – Week 3, Day 2

5 Minutes Precor AMT

Mobility Prep

Hatfield Squats to box (18”)
60x10
150x8
240x5
290x3
330x3
380x2
420x1
470x3

Romanian Deadlifts (top start)
45x10
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
Added Straps
275x21

Pulldown Abs (pulldown station)
50x15
80x15
110x15

Stretching

Comments: Body still holding up to the training. Hopefully it stays that way. But I get encouraged and I try things that I’d normally do that aren’t normal things and that can lead to problems. Got really cold and I was hoping it would be a quicker workout. Wore the kind of spandex shorts for training with my compression socks since plan was heavier squats and deadlifts. Warm ups felt fine and so did the movement stuff. Shoulders felt stiff but they weren’t really going to be involved this sessions. Felt fine. Movement stuff was also fine. First exercise was hatfield squats. Just like two weeks ago. Same idea of slow lowering and only lightly touching the box and squatting up quick. Keeping that brace. That is getting to be second nature to me. Needs to be first nature. Plan was set weights up to 20lbs more than last time for a triple. Should definitely be doable as I wasn’t to go for a max last time anyways and that was more reps and smaller jumps. This time, plate jumps and then quarter-plate-quarter. Back wasn’t feeling that pressured way like last time but the weight wasn’t feeling that easy on the upper back and midsection. No problem for my legs. Getting in some work with the belts this time to make it a gradual jump up. It felt like my left side was touching the box first but that just could be in my head. Feeling heavy but I think with more practice, it won’t be so bad. This is like 100lbs under my best triple on this kind of squat. Granted it was full squats and regular tempo. Next was Romanian deadlifts. These again, I reiterate, may be that thing I need to fix my deadlift woes (along with leg pressing). These felt good last time. I was bit surprised by the plan this week. Since last time was sets of 10 up to 185lbs if that felt good. Guess these looked real good to be allowed a 90lbs jump. A bit different from last time in that less reps for sets and the top set was an AMRAP. The work up sets, I did with no real assistance and double overhand grip. Heavier but less weight. The top set was where I’d add the belt and straps. This would be a true test. See how things hold under an extended set. I feel that if I hadn’t prepped with high rep squats that I’d have done a lot less here. I really had no idea what I would hit. I was feeling fatigue doing like five but somehow I kept going. I was tired but I was staying solid and my hamstrings felt fine. Was definitely getting a little bar burn. Stopped at 21 reps as I felt I’d need to take more rest for another and my body was feeling toasty. I knew that my hamstrings would be tight as hell for a while after all that. I know this isn’t that much weight right now but this was good as I hope this is like 50% of my current max. Still a long way to go but doesn’t seem like I’m that far off now. Last item for the day was pulldown abs. Higher reps but lighter weight. This was easy stuff after the squats and rdls. Literally did the first two light sets with no rest between them. My grip was slipping so I took a rest so that I didn’t have that problem on the last set. I know my legs and glutes will be sore, tight and overworked but hopefully I can keep things in check with recovery stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment