Friday, July 27, 2012

July 26, 2012 – Event Training

Dynamic Warm-ups

Yoke
310x50'
410x50'
510x50'
610x50'
710x50'
810x50'

Truck Drags (60 seconds rest)
7000x150'
7000x150'
7000x150'

34 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Rained earlier today so it was very humid outside setting up for today. A storm front past by so it became windy and drastically cooler. I wasn't sure how today would go with the yoke with the upper back thing going on again. Haven't used my own yoke in quite some time. 810lbs didn't feel that bad but I stumbled close to the end of the run and the yoke swayed and put a lot of pressure on my left side and knocked the wind out of me. Put me to a crawl to finish the run at that point and decided to stop the yoke work for the day there. Cleaned up everything for the next part of the workout and then the sky broke open and the downpour came. I figured I'd still give it a try. Had to use the truck (wasn't sure I'd finish it) since none of the other vehicles had sturdy tow hook ups in the front. Even with the rain, it was quite easy. Actually felt like I was getting the foot speed part of the workout down this time and got the short rests in as well. Legs just blew up from this and I was sweating even with the rain. Felt good to relax after everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment