Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 12, 2012 – Event Training

Been having computer issues as of late. Looks like it is under control for now.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Farmer's Walk (15" pick)
104x50'
154x50'
204x50'
254x50'
304x50'
354x34'5" (PR+13lbs)

Truck Pushes
7000x150'
7000x150'
7000x150'

35 Minutes of Stretching

Comments:  Hot out today. Hip flexors and abs have been incredibly sore this week since the last workout. First time using my new farmer's implements from Rouge Fitness. Pick height is bit lower than what I've been training on as of late. I was worried that the slick handles coupled with the humidity would make gripping them tough. Felt easy working up in weight. The lighter sets feel weird as I feel I could just jog with the weights. Felt better when I got up to two plates each side. 304lbs probably should have been where I called it for the day. It was good set but I noticeably slowed down. The thing is though that the pick is the hardest part for me, so these lower pick farmer's are going to be tough. 354lbs felt like forever to break off the street. I knew I was in trouble as I wasted so much energy picking them up that my grip was already straining. Couldn't get the full distance. A PR for that low of a pick though. Hopefully I'll be better prepared for next time. Truck pushing was next. A bit tricky as the roads are horrible here. Pot holes and uneven patches abound. Couldn't get the rest to just 60 seconds as there was no room for the truck to turn around so it had to go around the block. So probably closer to 90 seconds. I know the plan was foot speed and I failed that miserably on that for two of the three sets. The road is inconsistent. I started low for the first set and I had to really pedal to get it going. Just wasn't moving fast. My little sister was filming/commentating/yelling and I deserve all of it for asking her to film. I was breathing really hard after that first set. Not sure what happened on the second set but I practically ran upright with the truck. My little sister had to run to keep up. I felt good and ready for the final round. I was wrong. Even slower than the first set. Halfway through my legs just wouldn't respond and became a slow, grueling death march to the finish. Finish I did but I was so exhausted. Had to walk around our block to get back to normal before sitting in front of a fan in the basement and stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment