Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 01, 2011

Walking – 34 minutes

Comments: Needed the sleep, went to bed at 10:30 and woke up after noon today. I have a bruise the size of an orange on my left thigh and I'm not sure if it's from tire, husafelt or atlas stones. Hopefully the walking I did today should get some blood flowing and heal the area. Quite a bit to think back on this year. I've had success and failure this year. I think the biggest things for me this year was buying belts. I made every goal I had set for this year barring two (330lbs axle and log) but I think a part of that was switching to push press from jerks. Obviously, deadlifting and overhead strength need to get stronger. I feel that I need to add at least 100lbs to my deadlift and 50lbs to my overhead to even have a chance at getting to be a pro so this year looks to be another building year for me. I have to have confidence in myself but not be overconfident. For instance, I felt like a strong mofo doing 802lbs frame after a 1012lbs yoke in early December but felt like a weak, sickly child seeing a pro athlete make my efforts look like nothing a few weeks later. Have to find a balance but I want to be strong now damn it!

Goals for 2011:

-Overall-
Qualify for Nats
Compete in a Pro Qualifier Show

-Gym Lifts-
Push Press Log or Axle - 330lbs
Deadlift - 660lbs
Squat - 525lbs
Strict Press - 275lbs

-Events-
Yoke with +1100lbs
Farmers Walk with +400lbs
Pick +700lbs on Frame from 14" Pick Height
Load my 505lbs atlas stone

No comments:

Post a Comment