Friday, January 7, 2011

January 06, 2011 - ME UB

Dynamic Warm-ups

Close Grip Barbell 2-Board Presses
45x10
95x5
135x3
165x3
195x3
225x3
255x1
285x1
315x1
335x1
355x1
370x1
333x3

Close Grip Rack Half Bench Presses
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x1

One Arm Dumbbell Rows (straps)
155x12/12 PR+5lbs
155x12/12
155x12/12

39 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Really didn't know what to expect with today. My mind is just full of AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHH! Still incredibly pissed about squats and I have been thinking and tweaking my routine. Playing it safe and ditching the hip thrusts. I'm hoping the zercher harness lifts will be an acceptable replacement. Cutting down on how much I use a box for squatting as well as doing suspended squats with and without bands. But as I said, still working on getting things figured out. Never done presses to this board height before. I was conservative at the start as my 3-board press is the same as my press off the chest and there seems to be about a 20lbs decrease from my 5-board to 4-board to 3 board. Warm ups felt good so I made bigger jumps than I had planned. 315lbs felt a little off so I slowed down the weight progression. 355lbs felt light but I lost my tightness and groove making for an awful lift that became a real struggle. I knew that I could do more if I got it right but I was having a hard time convincing myself to do it. My piss poor squatting was eating at me. I want to be strong. Added 15lbs and setup. Felt really heavy but I got it perfect. I was going to do rack lockouts but figured, what is the point as I can lockout a lot of weight but have issues at the mid point. So I lowered the pins four more inches and added 2.25" under the bench to make it a half press. I didn't have the extra 2.25" for the first three sets and I was using a shoulder width grip. Paused for at least a 4-count (until the plates stopped rattling) before I'd iniate the next rep. Happy to get 315lbs for an easy three and getting 365lbs for a single. I'll be doing these instead of lockouts and I'll be trying out a variation with bands next time. Then did one arm rows. I don't like these so I'm ditching them. Going to try out rows with my Swiss bar instead and see how that feels. Hoping to have my workout plan figured out by tomorrow night. Also, the first Plat Plus of the year (besides the Amature Arnold) was announced. It's going to be the last week of March in Augusta, Georgia. No specifics yet other than the events (no weights yet). If the log press isn't over 330lbs for reps, I'm going for it. The next one after that should be listed before the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment