Friday, July 26, 2019

July 25, 2019 – Week 8, Day 2

5 Minutes Precor AMT

Mobility Prep

18” Box Squats
45x10
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x20

13” Jack Stand Pulls (straps)
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5

Back Extensions
BWx10
BW+50x10

Planks
BWx60 Seconds
BW+50x60 Seconds

Stretching

Comments: Trying to let my knee heal some so haven’t done any 2 mile walks this week and don’t really plan to for the rest of the week. Not that walking in painful, it just is a lot of joint movement that I’d rather save for lifting. Usually near the last third is when it starts to ache from something getting tired. Been icing my knees almost every night this week. So no long distance walking. At least until I have another deep tissue massage on Monday night. AMT felt good. Heart rate was up to 149bpm. Only really jumped up in the last few moments. Most of what I do in the gym doesn’t bother the knee. Compression socks seem to help. I may wear them even on days I don’t need shin protection of some kind. Little cramped quarters downstairs during the movement prep stuff. I had been lazy today and didn’t get things ready for the gym before I left for work, again. So meant I had to come back home and do stuff so I was about 40 minutes behind schedule. So if I had been on time, the squat rack would’ve probably been open. I was just little too late and some people were using it for light weights. Using the walkout tiered rack wasn’t a great option with the knee being buggy so I had to wait. Luckily it wasn’t as long as last time I needed to do the squats. But on the copper knee sleeves and got ready. Another jump on the box squats with the plate-quarter-plate jumps so top set was 315lbs. I’ve never really done high rep squats before this training cycle so it has been a bit of an adjustment the first two times. First time had been getting feet wet, second was adapting and this time would be actually doing and feeling like I knew what I was doing. I was not ready that first time as I was able to do 50lbs more for more reps the next time. I had no illusions that I was beating the previous reps with this weight. Most I’ve done from like 7 years ago was 16 reps with this weight and that was on an axle doing high bar style squats. I wanted at least 15 reps. I got nervous and couldn’t stop burping so that took a bit to settle before I could do this max rep set. Big reason I have to keep from eating for a few hours before I train is that reason. I felt my breathing and pace were good and I figured I could get to 12 before having to take bigger breathes and or multiple breathes. At 15, I knew 20 could happen. 20 was definitely the limit as my form broke on that rep. I had to sit down like immediately after to rest and pop off the belt and lie down for a moment haha. Quite a pump in the legs and lower back from this. I really had no idea how I was going to the deadlift stuff. Originally, the plan had been do triples on the jack stand pulls from 13” up to a set of 8-10 reps, hopefully being like 455lbs. That was changed to just sets of five taking plate jumps to 405lbs. I feel this was good change after how roasted I felt from the 20 reps with 315lbs. As tired as I was, I felt like my setup and form felt pretty good on these. I used straps even though I didn’t need them so that I could just focus on the pulls and save grip for event days that are going to be very grip intense most of the time. My legs and lower back were quivering just setting up on these pulls from the box squats. 405lbs felt like something but even so, I felt I could do double the reps. I think I can do 500lbs for reps without a suit again at this time. But still got a ways to go to be where I want and need the deadlift. 13” pull seems to be good for me with getting the bar set for the pull. Hoping the rotation of lifts will do it’s thing. Then it was the core stuff. Both back extensions and planks were the same weights, reps and sets as last time. Didn’t make them any easier as the stuff before was harder. Definitely needed them though. I got burritos for dinner so I could try and get my evening done earlier than if I cooked dinner. Stretching and recovery stuff and then bed. Eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment